Thread Rating:
  • 33 Vote(s) - 3.15 Average

Custom Support/Resistance Round 1

Hi all,

So myself, Ricardomax84 and OldMan51 have been putting our heads together to come up with a safe strategy which would not rely so much on exits like what everyone is crying out for. So our thinking was to trade from a support/resistance and use low risk and multiple pairs to help a broken support or resistance zone. Since it is such low risk, and such a high trading frequency, profit seems to be quite a bit.

UPDATE (26/10/17) - There was a bug in the hedge settings which Steve has fixed in version 4.71 which is a BETA so please use this version for Ricardo set files. 
.ex4   Forex-Flex-EA-4.71 BETA.ex4 (Size: 210.38 KB / Downloads: 120)

MACKIEBEN: 

You can use 4.66 Version.
MyFxBook
1 Hour time frame
1:400 Leverage
AUDCAD - AUDUSD - AUDJPY - CHFJPY - EURCHF - EURGBP - EURJPY - EURUSD - GBPUSD - NZDUSD - USDCAD - USDCHF - USDJPY

It simply opens a trade at Support or Resistance level, has a 30 pip step and uses equityTP to close all trades.
Attach to 1 chart of each pair.

See set file for more info >> 
.set   SR live.set (Size: 3.47 KB / Downloads: 274)

RICARDOMAX84 

MyFxBook
4 hour time frame
1:500 Leverage
AUDUSD - EURCHF - EURGBP - EURJPY - EURUSD - GBPUSD - NZDUSD - USDCAD - USDCHF - USDJPY

For this you will need to add 2 charts for each pair, attach NORMAL set file to one and REVERSE to the other. The idea here is to hedge to keep DD low and close both sides in profit.
This one uses virtual trades 6

See set files for more info >> 
.set   RICARDOMAX84_CASHCOW_1_NORMAL_H4_v3.1.set (Size: 3.46 KB / Downloads: 98)
.set   RICARDOMAX84_CASHCOW_1_REVERSE_H4_v3.1.set (Size: 3.47 KB / Downloads: 91)

MyFxBook
1 hour time frame
AUDUSD - EURCHF - EURGBP - EURJPY - EURUSD - GBPUSD - NZDUSD - USDCAD - USDCHF - USDJPY

Same as above, you will need to add 2 charts for each pair, attach NORMAL set file to one and REVERSE to the other. The idea here is to hedge to keep DD low and close both sides in profit.

.set   RICARDOMAX84_CASHCOW_2_NORMAL_H1_v3.1.set (Size: 3.46 KB / Downloads: 150)
.set   RICARDOMAX84_CASHCOW_2_REVERSE_H1_v3.1.set (Size: 3.47 KB / Downloads: 127)

MyFxBook
1 hour time frame

Based on the Mackieben strategy above,  you only need to attach to 1 chart of the same pair here

.set   RICARDOMAX84_CASHCOW_3_H1_v3.1.set (Size: 3.46 KB / Downloads: 104)

MyFxBook
4 hour time frame

Based on the Mackieben strategy above, you only need to attach to 1 chart of the same pair here

.set   RICARDOMAX84_CASHCOW_4_H4_v3.1.set (Size: 3.46 KB / Downloads: 69)

MyFxBook
4 hour time frame
1:200 Leverage

Uses Virtual Trades 6 but on 4 hour time frame and only on one chart per pair.

.set   RICARDOMAX84_CASHCOW_5_H4_v3.1.set (Size: 3.85 KB / Downloads: 67)

6 - New Setup
MyFxBook
4 hour time frame

Progressive Default with waitfornextbar and added hedge. Low trading frequency, slow growth

.set   RICARDOMAX84_CASHCOW_6_H4_v3.1.set (Size: 3.85 KB / Downloads: 64)

OLDMAN51

Info Coming Soon

Conclusion

So we have spent a great deal of time to get these with the right settings, some back testing and forward testing, and now some real testing with the final settings.

Progressive Hybrid (Closed) 
(10-02-2017, 05:58 PM)mackieben Wrote: Hi all,

So myself, Ricardomax84 and OldMan51 have been putting our heads together to come up with a safe strategy which would not rely so much on exits like what everyone is crying out for. So our thinking was to trade from a support/resistance and use low risk and multiple pairs to help a broken support or resistance zone. Since it is such low risk, and such a high trading frequency, profit seems to be quite a bit.

Use all these set files on 4.66

MACKIEBEN: 

MyFxBook
1 Hour time frame
1:400 Leverage
AUDCAD - AUDUSD - AUDJPY - CHFJPY - EURCHF - EURGBP - EURJPY - EURUSD - GBPUSD - NZDUSD - USDCAD - USDCHF - USDJPY

It simply opens a trade at Support or Resistance level, has a 30 pip step and uses equityTP to close all trades.
Attach to 1 chart of each pair.

RICARDOMAX84

MyFxBook
4 hour time frame

For this you will need to add 2 charts for each pair, attach NORMAL set file to one and REVERSE to the other. The idea here is to hedge to keep DD low and close both sides in profit.
This one uses virtual trades 6

MyFxBook
1 hour time frame

Same as above, you will need to add 2 charts for each pair, attach NORMAL set file to one and REVERSE to the other. The idea here is to hedge to keep DD low and close both sides in profit.

MyFxBook
1 hour time frame

Based on the Mackieben strategy above, but on a 1:200 leverage, you only need to attach to 1 chart of the same pair here

MyFxBook
4 hour time frame

Based on the Mackieben strategy above, but on a 1:200 leverage, you only need to attach to 1 chart of the same pair here

MyFxBook
4 hour time frame

Uses Virtual Trades 6 but on 4 hour time frame and only on one chart per pair.

OLDMAN51

Oldman51's accounts are testing Ricardomax84's accounts on different leverage, as follows:
Mackieben SR 1:500

Strategy 3 1:400
Strategy 4 1:400
Strategy 5 1:400

The idea behind this is to get a different aspect of the strategies in different leverages.

Conclusion

So we have spent a great deal of time to get these with the right settings, some back testing and forward testing, and now some real testing with the final settings.

Hey guys,

All cashcow strats have the hedge setting ON at 85% of the basket and 100% dd stop loss to give time for the pair to recover if things go wrong, or to do multiple close by, mannually, if needed with other pairs. We have not seen anyone using it so far, so we gave it a try. 

This crazy bad trade was done on purpose in backtesting and it recovered without blowing the account. You never know what might happen when you are not looking...

Also the cashcow strats running 2 strats on the same pair allow the margin not to be eaten by a deep trade basket since their margin usage is canceled by the other.

Notice also the news filters: The reverse strats dont have this on so you can profit with a news that triggers a big move, and after 2 hours the counter trend strategy can enter (normal set files, have news filters on)

Just give it a try in demo accounts and all feedback and questions are more than welcome
Excellent efforts Ben and his team, all the very best!
thanks for all the effort and for sharing!
Let's see, fingers crossed!
Did it easily survive when backtesting?
I will give them a shot in backtesting. Just a question: Any reason RICARDOMAX84_CASHCOW_1_NORMAL_H4.set has VT set to 6 while RICARDOMAX84_CASHCOW_1_REVERSE_H4.set has VT set to 0?

Additionally, would it be wise to start these on a Sunday, given that it uses VT and therefore that would give you the best chance of 2 charts for the same pair aligning? Likely if you do it during trading hours, the VT will not be in sync and your idea of hedging will not work out as planned. Is that the reason why in myfxbook for these pairs I am missing either the normal trade or the reverse (only one direction of a pair is open), but maybe I am missing something, since I yet need to dive into these settings a bit more.

Regards,

Norbert
(10-03-2017, 04:41 AM)nwesterhuijs Wrote: I will give them a shot in backtesting. Just a question: Any reason RICARDOMAX84_CASHCOW_1_NORMAL_H4.set has VT set to 6 while RICARDOMAX84_CASHCOW_1_REVERSE_H4.set has VT set to 0?

Additionally, would it be wise to start these on a Sunday, given that it uses VT and therefore that would give you the best chance of 2 charts for the same pair aligning? Likely if you do it during trading hours, the VT will not be in sync and your idea of hedging will not work out as planned. Is that the reason why in myfxbook for these pairs I am missing either the normal trade or the reverse (only one direction of a pair is open), but maybe I am missing something, since I yet need to dive into these settings a bit more.

Regards,

Norbert
Hi,

Yes the normal with VT acts as the normal flex way to enter the market. 

If things go bad, like the GBPUSD the other week, the reverse set file will open and hedge the position until both can close,  so virtual trades are not needed because this will open when needed.
(10-03-2017, 04:41 AM)nwesterhuijs Wrote: I will give them a shot in backtesting. Just a question: Any reason RICARDOMAX84_CASHCOW_1_NORMAL_H4.set has VT set to 6 while RICARDOMAX84_CASHCOW_1_REVERSE_H4.set has VT set to 0?

Regards,

Norbert

They have VT like that on purpose. One i want it to trade at the SR ( VT=0 ) and the other i want the SR to be a no trade filter (VT=6)
(10-03-2017, 05:54 AM)mackieben Wrote: Hi,

Yes the normal with VT acts as the normal flex way to enter the market. 

If things go bad, like the GBPUSD the other week, the reverse set file will open and hedge the position until both can close,  so virtual trades are not needed because this will open when needed.

Thanks Guys for these strategies...I'm taking a look, and noticed that in the CashCow Strategy1 for  4hr charts, the two set files you would put on the same pair have different magic numbers.  Should they have the same magic number so we can use the Global Equity trail to manage profit when hedge trades need to be opened on 'reverse' charts?   Or is the idea here to manage profit on the 'normal' and 'reverse' charts separately?

Thanks, great work guys!
Mark
Nice works guys!

Top Ricardo (are you an italian guy?)
Top Ben (always giving your best for the Forum!)

Luke
(10-04-2017, 01:21 PM)markandrew Wrote: Thanks Guys for these strategies...I'm taking a look, and noticed that in the CashCow Strategy1 for  4hr charts, the two set files you would put on the same pair have different magic numbers.  Should they have the same magic number so we can use the Global Equity trail to manage profit when hedge trades need to be opened on 'reverse' charts?   Or is the idea here to manage profit on the 'normal' and 'reverse' charts separately?

Thanks, great work guys!
Mark
Hi,

Yes the idea is to have 2 different magic numbers

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Breakout / Support / Resistance mackieben 49 35,264 10-06-2021, 05:24 AM
Last Post: fay200999
Photo Custom Support & Resistence flyingfx 0 719 05-01-2021, 06:12 AM
Last Post: flyingfx
  Custom TDI Slope mansour 22 14,595 01-22-2020, 01:40 PM
Last Post: sunbuddy
  Does anyone have this support--resistance set file. goshot 3 3,310 08-06-2018, 04:10 PM
Last Post: mackieben
  Custom TDI Slope TF bernkly 3 3,165 01-31-2018, 04:50 PM
Last Post: bwman430