Thread Rating:
  • 81 Vote(s) - 3.27 Average

Next Update Feature Requests & Correlated Hedge

(01-27-2017, 08:22 PM)Admin Steve Wrote: Ok first off, CorrelatedHedge. I know I promised a lot of you very interested and patient souls early January, but things have happened (bugs, and overall expanded scope of the project). I have had to code this strategy into an entirely separate version of Flex for it to work the way I want, that is why it has taken much longer than expected. So I'm not entirely sure when it will be ready, but please know that I am actively working on it. If you have any feature requests or ideas, I would love to hear them!

I'm also working on the next update of Flex itself with a few fixes, adjustments and added features. So if you have any bugs to report, or features to request please reply here.

So far the fixes and requests I have are:

1. Add a pipstep for the Hedge trade to choose when to place it instead of immediately after the last trade in a basket. (done)
2. OffSetHours not updating visually on chart news (done)
3. Separating PipStepMultiplier from lot sizing and creating a new LotStepMultiplier for more control (done)
4. Ability not to have the news filter spam alerts like every second 1 minute around the news? (done)
5. Adjust the stochastic periods? (done)
6. A toggle to auto close trades on Fridays at a given time before market closes (done)
7. Fixed NewsFilter not working all the time (done)
8. Added a DynamicAdditional setting which will require any indicator filters used for entries to be used for additional trades in a basket. (done)
9. Added a WaitForNext bar setting that will wait for the current bar to close before entering a trade if one is ready to open.
10. Added a CheckCandleSize to only trade if one of the previous 3 candles is large than 'x' number of pips.
11. Fixed DDPause not working sometimes

If I may suggest to add a feature to the no.6 above (A toggle to auto close trades on Fridays at a given time before market closes)
 > Close the basket only if its P&L 
 > fully hedge the basket it its P&L < 0

Thanks & very best.
I concur!

The same Logic can be applied to close open trades at a specified time before the News

A toggle to auto close trades before Type 3/ Red News
> Close the basket only if its P&L ≥ 0

Thanks.
(02-23-2017, 12:39 PM)aubpb2014 Wrote: If I may suggest to add a feature to the no.6 above (A toggle to auto close trades on Fridays at a given time before market closes)
 > Close the basket only if its P&L 

Thanks & very best.

About Friday's exit strategy, I already used target 0.2% profit.
That target is for whole account, I dont care whatever currency pairs are still running.
When that target profit is achieved, I close all transaction as soon as possible.
Then I am not in Friday all day, just in the begiining of Friday only.
(02-24-2017, 07:55 PM)stadi_stadi Wrote: About Friday's exit strategy, I already used target 0.2% profit.
That target is for whole account, I dont care whatever currency pairs are still running.
When that target profit is achieved, I close all transaction as soon as possible.
Then I am not in Friday all day, just in the begiining of Friday only.

Thanks for your reply - do you close all transactions manually when 0.2% target profit reaches?
Rainbow 
Are you close to releasing C.H. soon Steve?
Please search before you post a question - chances are that someone's already asked your question! Smile
(03-02-2017, 02:19 AM)sanjeev2010 Wrote: Are you close to releasing C.H. soon Steve?

Exclamation

(03-02-2017, 02:19 AM)sanjeev2010 Wrote: Are you close to releasing C.H. soon Steve?

I'm going to release it on Saturday or Sunday as a demo only version to start for everyone to play around with.
#sweetjesus

(03-02-2017, 04:03 AM)Admin Steve Wrote: I'm going to release it on Saturday or Sunday as a demo only version to start for everyone to play around with.

I feel like a kid in a candy shop :X on a scale of 1-10 how difficult is it if you're just releasing as a demo only?
(03-02-2017, 05:28 AM)bradbozz Wrote: I feel like a kid in a candy shop :X on a scale of 1-10 how difficult is it if you're just releasing as a demo only?

How difficult is what?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation News Indicator / FFCal Indicator Update! Admin Steve 43 25,033 07-26-2022, 04:52 PM
Last Post: benjaminva
  update request: integrate COT data jlscstrs 2 442 06-09-2022, 08:35 AM
Last Post: jlscstrs
  Correlated Hedge v1.00 Live Release Admin Steve 132 93,901 02-11-2022, 09:45 AM
Last Post: jonasdundee
  FlexNewsIndicator Update! Admin Steve 53 18,780 01-25-2022, 09:47 PM
Last Post: hgroup
  new Hedge closing idea hhloverhh 0 1,148 04-23-2021, 10:53 AM
Last Post: hhloverhh