Thread Rating:
  • 35 Vote(s) - 2.83 Average

Breakout / Support / Resistance

(06-11-2019, 01:36 PM)john7777 Wrote: my understanding for what its worth is that equity trail ON over rides it here. but ask steve

Im trying to collect info on SR 1 2 3 and post it. which file do you use for SR3? is it mackieben SR TP 2018 with tp and pipstep changed to 30 and 20? any chance you can post it here please?

OK Thanks , I'll check out what that means.....
(03-07-2019, 11:55 PM)ehanworld Wrote: Yes, they are the correct set files.  You may want to set equity trail...
If you are going to trade all three on your live account, be-careful, as you can end up in a very large draw-down... manage your risk very carefully...
Good luck
Hi,

Question 1: How do you set equity trail? I know there are these settings: EquityTrail, UseDynamicEQTP, DynamicEQTPMulti, EquityTrailStep, EquityTrailTP, EquityTrailSL, EQTP1,2,3,4,5,6, FullBasketEquityTrail, WhenToStart_FBET but which do we set and to what value?

Question 2: If you want to trade all 3 on a live account how do you do that? Do you open up EURUSD three times, set each to H1 then attach each set file to 1 of the 3 charts?
Is anything else required or do I have this right?

Question 3:
Also I read on this thread that these are the files associated with SRV1/2/3:
sr1 is this one - SR live.set
sr2 is this one - Mackieben SR Breakout Ver1.set
sr3 is this one - Mackieben SR TP 2018 EURUSD.set
Set risk to 0.1 for all 3, and also change magic number to 1 for the first, 2 for the 2nd, 3 for the 3rd?

But on another thread: https://forexflexea.com/forum/Thread-SRV1-SRV2-SRV3
it shows the following:
SRV1 is known as SupResistance https://forexflexea.com/forum/Thread-Sup...-hopefully with this file to download: (SR 0.1 $3000.set)
SRV2 is also known as Mackiebens sr  https://forexflexea.com/forum/Thread-Mac...s-SR-Again with this file to download: ( Mackieben SR TP 2018 EURUSD.set)
SRV3 also known as breakout support and resistance  https://forexflexea.com/forum/Thread-Bre...Resistance with this file to download: (Mackieben SR Breakout Ver1.set)

Note that first thread set file names for sr2 and sr3 disagree with 2nd list of threads sr2 and sr3. I've highlighted in red the disagreeing names. Can someone sort out which are the real SR2 and SR3 files? In addition this thread says SR1 is SR live.set while the other thread says SR 0.1 $3000.set is SR1. Which is it?

Question 4:
Mackieben posted this on the 3rd thread above:
"12/09/18 - Hi guys, a little stumped on this so im going to take a break from this strategy whilst i await the new updates from Steve as regards to the SR indicator."
What does this mean? We shouldn't be using SRV3? Or is the problem resolved now?

Thanks!
(08-02-2019, 04:22 PM)jjdenver Wrote: Hi,

Question 1: How do you set equity trail? I know there are these settings: EquityTrail, UseDynamicEQTP, DynamicEQTPMulti, EquityTrailStep, EquityTrailTP, EquityTrailSL, EQTP1,2,3,4,5,6, FullBasketEquityTrail, WhenToStart_FBET but which do we set and to what value?

Question 2: If you want to trade all 3 on a live account how do you do that? Do you open up EURUSD three times, set each to H1 then attach each set file to 1 of the 3 charts?
Is anything else required or do I have this right?

Question 3:
Also I read on this thread that these are the files associated with SRV1/2/3:
sr1 is this one - SR live.set
sr2 is this one - Mackieben SR Breakout Ver1.set
sr3 is this one - Mackieben SR TP 2018 EURUSD.set
Set risk to 0.1 for all 3, and also change magic number to 1 for the first, 2 for the 2nd, 3 for the 3rd?

But on another thread: https://forexflexea.com/forum/Thread-SRV1-SRV2-SRV3
it shows the following:
SRV1 is known as SupResistance https://forexflexea.com/forum/Thread-Sup...-hopefully with this file to download: (SR 0.1 $3000.set)
SRV2 is also known as Mackiebens sr  https://forexflexea.com/forum/Thread-Mac...s-SR-Again with this file to download: ( Mackieben SR TP 2018 EURUSD.set)
SRV3 also known as breakout support and resistance  https://forexflexea.com/forum/Thread-Bre...Resistance with this file to download: (Mackieben SR Breakout Ver1.set)

Note that first thread set file names for sr2 and sr3 disagree with 2nd list of threads sr2 and sr3. I've highlighted in red the disagreeing names. Can someone sort out which are the real SR2 and SR3 files? In addition this thread says SR1 is SR live.set while the other thread says SR 0.1 $3000.set is SR1. Which is it?

Question 4:
Mackieben posted this on the 3rd thread above:
"12/09/18 - Hi guys, a little stumped on this so im going to take a break from this strategy whilst i await the new updates from Steve as regards to the SR indicator."
What does this mean? We shouldn't be using SRV3? Or is the problem resolved now?

Thanks!
So far as I know, SR1 live.set and SR 0.1 $3000.set are the same file. FYR I download notepad++ to compare and customize setting
(08-03-2019, 02:50 PM)phrixus Wrote: So far as I know, SR1 live.set and SR 0.1 $3000.set are the same file. FYR I download notepad++ to compare and customize setting

Thanks for the reply, sometimes this forum takes forever to get a response if one even comes at all. Smile
I think they are definitely not the same file. Note the size difference. I also compared in notepad++ and they are quite different.

[Image: PcF6RPp]
I would like to add here that the Mackieben SR Breakout Ver1.set traders in ReverseMode, whereas all the other SR files do not. I wonder why? 

I am running all three at the same time and two of them have trades open against each other at the moment.
(02-13-2020, 02:20 AM)dejmal Wrote: I would like to add here that the Mackieben SR Breakout Ver1.set traders in ReverseMode, whereas all the other SR files do not. I wonder why? 

I am running all three at the same time and two of them have trades open against each other at the moment.

Be careful of versions here. I believe the initial one was running on an old version that required ReverseMode and due to a change in a later version of Flex, that was thereafter not required anymore. Check if the price is closer to Support or Resistance and modify the settings accordingly.
(02-13-2020, 04:23 AM)nwesterhuijs Wrote: Be careful of versions here. I believe the initial one was running on an old version that required ReverseMode and due to a change in a later version of Flex, that was thereafter not required anymore. Check if the price is closer to Support or Resistance and modify the settings accordingly.

That's interesting. That would imply that if I am running on a new version of Flex (which I am, 4.86) I would need to turn ReverseMode OFF, right? But it turns out that is the only SRV of these three turning a profit when the RM is ON - the other two have RM OFF by default and are ending in losses (not tragic, I put some SL on them so it's not tanking that badly). 
Go figure. I will keep testing it.
(09-03-2018, 04:37 PM)mackieben Wrote: Hi guys,

wrk2hrd its good to see you trading it lol

I am still working on it though, fingers crossed i will get something, although steve is having a look at the support resistance indicator in flex so will be interesting to see what he comes up with considering that is the entry for this strategy

Almost 9 trades already srv3.,usdchf and eurusd..my gosh no retracement...it can blow out my account
Can somebody post the latest set files here?
i will test in demo

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Photo Custom Support & Resistence flyingfx 0 719 05-01-2021, 06:12 AM
Last Post: flyingfx
  Custom Support/Resistance Round 1 mackieben 104 55,092 10-09-2019, 12:37 AM
Last Post: elashaal
  Does anyone have this support--resistance set file. goshot 3 3,310 08-06-2018, 04:10 PM
Last Post: mackieben
  Flex Breakout phrixus 1 2,329 06-10-2018, 04:59 AM
Last Post: nwesterhuijs
  SL under support ,above resistance flyingfx 3 3,387 01-02-2018, 01:26 AM
Last Post: mackieben